Phoenix 7-27

by epjdog • Posted in: Rescue

Sorry about the video in the last blog- we are still trying to get it to upload.  In the meantime, Phoenix has been to the ophthalmologist who said that his eyes are normal.  So that means that the blindness is due to the brain damage and is most likely permanent.  We are continuing to hope that he will see again.

This is from Cameron (his foster):
We went to Rehab yesterday, and it went really well. We got this balance board thing to help him work on his balance. A ball thingy, that’s suppose to help him learn how to move his legs, and this pipe tube thing, that he is learning how to step over.  I think its going to be really good for him.  She also recommended I get this DVD call “T Touch”.  It teaches you massage and certain touch techniques that will help him relax and stimulate his brain and thought.  I think it sounds cool, and worth while to try on him.  I am about to order it from amazon.
I also got him puppy shampoo, a Collar and Leash (he’s gonna learn to walk on a leash!) New spill proof bowls at pet-co yesterday.  I ordered him a name tag today.
I just want you to know he is doing really good, I love him so much.  He is starting to chew on everything.

7 Responses to "Phoenix 7-27"

1. sylviavilsays: July 28, 2008 at 10:12 am

I continue to pray for phoenix. That little guy has gone through so much.
    Please continue to post his progress
    Sylviavil

2. philaksays: July 28, 2008 at 12:22 pm

He’s precious. God bess you both.

3. hocka01says: July 28, 2008 at 8:18 pm

God bless you Cameron and the vets and everyone else working to give this little angel a chance. Keep up the good work and keep us all posted on the progress.

4. kellcasays: July 28, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Hi there and thanks for the update

forgive me if you’ve already mentioned this but is there a chance that his cerebral x-rays can be reviewed by a specialist to see if there’s a disconnnect going on?

I have HIGH hopes for this one….he’s beaten too many odds already and stolen a lot of hearts in the process…I do not accept nothing can be done

I would love to be able to give this one a hug and a kiss but for now, our best wishes have to do. San Diego loves Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and Bonnie too)

xo to Cameron!

5. mdingmasays: July 29, 2008 at 2:25 am

I was so happy to read the latest update on little Phoenix. It sounds like he has a wonderful foster home, besides all the wonderful medical care he has received. Bless his heart….he so deserves every chance to lead a happy life.

I am glad there are people like all of you who care so much, and do so much good for animals.

6. momtocatssays: July 29, 2008 at 9:54 pm

He really has beaten the odds. I do hope his vision will return. He deserves to see all the wonderful folks who nursed him back to health. Keep us posted.

7. hocka01says: July 30, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Will there be any other tests run to see if anything can be done for Phoenix’s eye-sight? If not, I’m sure you all will see that he is in a safe and secure environment. Though it will be a tragedy if nothing can be done for his sight, he is a puppy and has already beaten so many odds, that I’m sure he will still be able to have a happy and healthy life. Is there any word yet on whether his abuser has been captured? I, like so many others, are very anxious for an update. I know your resources are limited and you work very hard, and sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I look forward to seeing an updated picture. Good bless Phoenix and God bless you all for the wonderful job you are doing for all these poor babies. Linda