Phoenix 8-9-2008

by epjdog • Posted in: Rescue

Hi All,

You are going to be so happy to hear that we think Phoenix is seeing some stuff. He will trace your finger, he seems to see people as they approach, and he was able to follow the light from a penlight on the floor to the wall and back again.
That being said, he still runs into things and doesn’t seem to see clearly but we THINK he is at least seeing something!

Here is a cute video of him. He is doing well and is more and more like a real little puppy every day. The video was hard to get because he won’t leave Cam alone- he loves to play! He is still in physical therapy and that is going well too.[googlevideo=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7489258817486475463]

Take care and thanks for your support and good thoughts.

7 Responses to "Phoenix 8-9-2008"

1. mdingmasays: August 9, 2008 at 8:23 pm

I just love little Phoenix. I cannot tell you how moved I was by the update and video. He is going to wind up with the most wonderful family to live with, and have a most incredible life – I know of no one more deserving than this little guy.

I am so glad to hear that he can now see a little bit. But you know, if he doesn’t regain all his vision, he is the most reslient little guy I’ve seen.

I cannot thank you enough for all you have done for him, and all the other animals you help. You are a wonderful organization.

2. hocka01says: August 9, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Watching that just brought a big smile to my face. What a long way he has come!! You guys are just awsome! I played that video 3 times in row, and it just did my heart good to see how he’s turning out. Is Cameron going to keep Phoenix, or will he be adoped out? I hope she keeps him because she’s so good with him, and he’s obviously bonded so well with her. God continue to bless you all and God bless Phoenix.

3. kellcasays: August 10, 2008 at 8:28 pm

I am completely selfish in my joy about him…I can remember how I felt when I first heard of his story and I know how I feel now seeing him. He’s such a cute little guy full of spunk which he deserves and you all are to be congratulated for the effort you have put into his recovery and happiness. This dogs happy life is a direct result of the effort you put into rescuing him. I’ll be forever grateful that you were there for him. When he smiles, you should smile. You put it on his face! This boy will see again…

4. hocka01says: August 16, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Can we get a quick up-date and perhaps picture of Phoenix?

5. hocka01says: August 21, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Has something happened? There’s been nothing about Phoenix since 8/9/08? I pray he’s ok.

6. myninegkidssays: August 24, 2008 at 5:09 pm

oh lord 14 days and no updates is pheonix doing well?????????

7. nancylynne77says: August 24, 2008 at 9:40 pm

I’m with the last few responders, what’s going on with Phoenix? I’m so happy, like everone else,about his progress and feel lke ya’ll deserve several “Gold Medals” for everything you have done for this special puppy. Any news on the creep that did the un-thinkable to this little bundle of joy? I hope no one spares this man. If nobody wants to addopt this little guy, I will, my dog, Dakoda, would love to play and take care of him. How are the medical bills going? Please keep us updated. Thank you,