Another happy day for Honey

by rroberts19 • Posted in: Rescue

Honey has the best attitude of almost anyone I’ve ever met, dog or human. However, I think she’s been having a little cabin fever lately.  This afternoon, I took her, along with her foster brothers,  to a schoolyard down the street. Talk about chomping at the bit! She was ready to romp and play! Unfortunately , I couldn’t allow her to,  so she stayed on leash while her foster brothers played ball.  Her injuries are healing, but she has a few areas where the stitches aren’t staying closed and to let her run around would just make it worse. Although she can’t play yet, she sure was happy to get out of the house. I’d also like to add that we have discovered that Honey is nicely distracted from her hydrotherapy if we give her peanut butter while we’re doing it.  We now call her hydrotherapy and bandage changes  “Peanut Butter and Honey Time”.

8 Responses to "Another happy day for Honey"

1. Jodisays: January 21, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Thanks so much for sharing Honey’s progress and thanks for helping her to heal from such horrendous injuries. Honey sounds like she’s going to make someone a wonderful dog once she’s healed up. It’s good for her to have lots of love and attention from you during this time!

2. Barbsays: January 23, 2009 at 1:41 pm

How is Honey doing? Does she still have to take pain medicine and daily hydrotherapy?

Do you think she would get along with a cat in her soon to be adoptive home? You’ve mentioned she likes to chase the foster family cat, is it in fun?

Thanks for the updates!

3. DCH in Texassays: January 23, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Uh, hope you’ve heard about the peanut butter recall. Would hate to have Honey hurt by something she loves. May I suggest using canned dog food instead?

4. RRobertssays: January 24, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Yes, I have heard of the recall, because the recall does not apply to jarred peanut butter, I am not worried. Thanks for your suggestion.

5. Shackelford'ssays: January 26, 2009 at 10:25 pm

peanut butter and Honey, that is great!

6. Shackelford'ssays: January 26, 2009 at 10:25 pm

peanut butter and Honey, that is great!

7. Shackelford'ssays: January 26, 2009 at 10:25 pm

peanut butter and Honey, that is great!

8. Shackelford'ssays: January 26, 2009 at 10:25 pm

peanut butter and Honey, that is great!