Kipper

by austinpetsalive • Posted in: Donations, Fundraising

Kipper is a survivor of the Bastrop fires and has been reunited with his family.  However, Kipper was severely injured, with all four paws badly burnt as well as suffering burns to his face.  “He is quite the trooper for surviving 11 days out there, waiting on our property for us” says his mom, Janet, “He was so weak, when he heard my voice all he could do was a quiet, raspy meow and he couldn’t even get up.”

His family took him to the vet, who have cared for Kipper and helped him heal and while there is not a release date yet, Kipper is doing much better. Kipper’s family completely lost their house in the fires and one of their four pets as well.  As you can imagine, the cost of this veterinary care for Kipper is more than the family can afford due to their terrible loss.  They reached out to Austin Pets Alive for help with the vet bill and we could not say no.  Will you help us pay Kipper’s bill so the family does not have to worry anymore?

Thank you!

8 Responses to "Kipper"

1. michellesays: September 29, 2011 at 10:41 am

I just want to say Thank You to Austin Pets Alive for starting this donation site for Kipper as well as all the pet donations and help you have given to my Bastrop community for all the displaced animals. I am personal friends of Kippers family and they have lost their home as well as their other kitty to the fires. They are wonderful people. Thank You so very much for looking after the animals…they just dont know what hit them here in Bastrop

2. an weismansays: September 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I would like to contribute to your organization to help Kipper and the othger fire victims you are helping. Would you send me your mailing address?

3. austinpetsalivesays: September 29, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Thank you, Ann! Our address is 2807 Manchaca Road, Austin, TX 78704

4. mariodacatsays: September 30, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Thank you to Austin Pets for saving this sweet kitty. The poor family has suffered enough and lost enough in the terrible fire. The least we can do is bring their one kitty back to good health again.

5. michellesays: September 30, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Thank you Ann and everyone who are helping with Kippers expenses, looks like we just crossed the halfway mark at $260!! I stopped by the vet in Bastrop yesterday to check in on Kipper…I cant see him as I am only a friend of the family, but they say he is doing better and looks to be smiling almost! he has come along way in the last 16 days at he vet from lying almost lifeless in the ashes and not able to get up after 11 days with no food or water. Please spread the word throughout your workplaces everybody about this wonderful APA orginazation and all they are doing for our Bastrop fire victim animals. I am now officially a life member of APA

6. Krissays: October 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Thank you to all the Pets Alive workers and volunteers that have helped out with the fire victims. I’m a former resident of Circle D, now living in Germany. I’ve sent $60 via Paypal to help reach the $500 goal. These people are my former neighbors, and I’d do more if I were there. Best wishes to Kipper and his family!

7. michellesays: October 4, 2011 at 3:50 pm

We Did it!!! In a mere 5 days we all chipped in and raised $500 to help offset Kippers big vet bill. Kipper is still at the vet but is doing tremendously better. I want to say Thank You to everyone and let everybody now that donations came in for this Bastrop kitty all the way from San Diego, CA to Germany! Kippers family is so very grateful.