Foster a Lonely Pet During the Holidays

by austinpetsalive • Posted in: Adoptions, Awareness/ PR, Foster, Pets Needing Homes

Chia would love to stay warm at your house.

Looking to bring some love home for the holidays? We have your answer!

APA! is hosting a Foster a Lonely Pet drive in the hopes of getting every single cat and dog out of our facilities (2807 Manchaca and Town Lake Animal Center) for Christmas Day. Fosters will pick up their selected animal on December 24 and return them on December 26.

Click here to fill out a foster application and sign up for the program (note the special box to check for the Foster a Lonely Pet program). Those who sign up will follow our normal foster screening process and will receive a phone call from an APA! representative to talk through our foster process.

Additionally, $50 off adoptions will be given for those that foster over the holiday! What are you waiting for? Sign up to give a homeless pet some love this holiday season!

8 Responses to "Foster a Lonely Pet During the Holidays"

1. Lisa Mcgannsays: December 10, 2011 at 12:40 am

what kind of dog is Chia?

2. Pet Dog Housessays: December 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Hey there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

3. Stephanie Maimansays: December 13, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I would be more than happy to foster a small dog. I have one now that I adopted from APA a few yrs ago. I think he’d enjoy a companion for a few days. We live in Round Rock.

4. austinpetsalivesays: December 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Lisa, Chia is listed as a Chihuahua/wire-haired fox terrier mix. Stephanie, that would be great! Thanks so much for adopting a rescue dog and for your willingness to bring one home for a few days!

5. Silviasays: December 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I would also like to help with a small dog. I have a Chihuahua mix with Idk but she is adorable and would like a companion as well!!!

6. austinpetsalivesays: December 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm

That’s great, Silvia! You can get started by filling out the online application here: https://creator.zoho.com/austinpetsalive/forms/form-perma/Foster_Application/. Thanks so much, and happy holidays!

7. Allison Kainersays: December 13, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Hi there,
    I’d love to foster a dog from Dec. 23rd to Dec.26th if that’s possible. I will be leaving for Christmas break on Dec. 23rd to go to my family’s farm. The farm has a fenced back yard and no other pets in the house or yard. My dog died right before Thanksgiving 2 years ago and I’m not sure if I’m ready for a new doggie yet, but this would be perfect for me and I know the dog would appreciate all the lovings that I have to give. Could you please let me know if the pick up and drop off dates are negotiable or not. Thanks!

Best Regards
    Allison Kainer

8. austinpetsalivesays: December 14, 2011 at 9:28 am

Hi Allison – I’m sure our foster coordinators would be willing to work with you on this! They’ll be contacting you after you fill out the online foster application form, so you can just let them know your situation. Thanks so much for wanting to give a pup some love over the holiday!