$4,650.00 Donated to Austin Pets Alive! and I Once Was Lost on behalf of the Waselenchuck Family
Waselenchucks Provide Hope for Rescued Animals
Give Realty’s donation on behalf of Kim and Kane Waselenchuck to two animal rescue nonprofits could not have come at a more crucial time for either. “This summer has been really difficult for animals in Austin and surrounding counties and a lot more (thousands more) than we anticipated are coming into the Austin City Shelter,” says Jenna Reidi, development assistant for Austin Pets Alive! (APA). The donation will help further both the dog behavior program and FeLV Cat Enclosure program.
Austin Pets Alive! makes a daily impact on the lives of animals all around the city of Austin. The Waselenchucks have been active volunteers at the organization and learned of the donation opportunity through Give Realty from the APA website. Give Realty helped Kim and Kane recently purchase a home in Scenic Brook Estates. According to the Waselenchucks, they chose to work with Give Realty because “it gives back to the community which we feel is important in today’s world.” APA has saved over 16,000 pets from certain death in just four years, and finds a home for each through 12 daily adoption sites throughout the city.
This is the third donation from Give Realty to Austin Pets Alive!. APA is both “excited and grateful” for the continued support from Give Realty. According to Reidi, “These are animals that, without Austin Pets Alive!, would have been euthanized. We are very grateful to have the support of Give Realty to continue helping these amazing animals.”
According to Adette Quintana, development director of the nonprofit organization I Once Was Lost Animal Advocacy, the donation on behalf of the Waselenchucks arrived just in time to save an abandoned dog named Charlie. Charlie was found on the side of the road with a broken leg and starving. I Once Was Lost Animal Advocacy rescued him. “We were praying for a miracle for funds to help save him,” says Quintana. The Waselenchuck’s donation through Give Realty saved his life.
I Once Was Lost Animal Advocacy is a nonprofit organization that rescues stray and lost roadside dogs and cats. I Once Was Lost takes abandoned dogs and cats into their program regardless of age, medical condition, behavior, or breed. According to Quintana, “The funds will not only help Charlie. They will also fund several spays & neuters. This will prevent an exponential number of homeless pets.”
Three Ways to Help Austin Pets Alive!
- Volunteer. APA is always looking for volunteers and donors to help support and work with the current programs and animals to further the mission of providing resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
- Become a Foster. Fosters for animals are needed to provide a safe, happy, and loving environment for animals waiting to be adopted. The number of animals APA can save depends entirely on the number of people who open their homes and hearts to foster them.
- Adopt a Pet. The only way to give rescued animals a new start in life is through finding permanent, loving homes for them. APA hopes to find adopters for all of their animals.
Three Ways to Help I Once Was Lost Animal Advocacy
- Prevention. Spaying and neutering animals is crucial to keeping the homeless pet population low and preventing stray and abandoned animals.
- Advocate. Becoming an advocate for proper pet care helps to further I Once Was Lost’s mission of raising awareness about pet issues such as nutrition and proper vaccination schedules.
- Adopt. Animal Adoption and Fostering helps provide rescued animals with homes to recuperate, learn, and grow in loving pets.