Are you interested in saving the lives of homeless dogs by finding them new families? Then come work for Austin Pets Alive! as an employed Dog Adoption Counselor.
This is a CHALLENGING job and we are seeking only those who are dedicated, honest, and hard-working.
Full-time position working 10 hour days, 4 days/week. No part-time jobs available, and available to work any day of the week is required.
Pay is $10/hour, no benefits at this time.
Apply ONLY if you have a significant amount of dog handling experience.
- Transport dogs in company vehicle to adoption site
- Set up and break down site equipment, tents, and pens
- Maintain adoption site including sanitation of grounds and materials
- Administer medications to dog and update medical charts
- Evaluate potential adopters and educate them on proper pet care
- Promote APA! to the public and maintain a professional demeanor & Provide quality customer service to the public
- Neatly and accurately complete all adoption paperwork and submit to data entry dept.
- Participate in performance training and development reviews as requested (weekly)
- Attend meetings as requested by Supervisor
- Weekend availability required
- Own transport required with valid driving license
- Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure animal, personal, and visitor security.
- 1+ YEAR EXPERIENCE in Animal Care Field (Dog Rescue/Adoption, Vet, Kennel, Dog Training, significant Dog Volunteering)
- Ability to recognize, understand, and address various dog behaviors
- Experience dealing with the public and comfortable answering questions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work long hours
- Pass driving record and background checks
- Must have a working cell phone & check email daily.