Are you interested in saving the lives of homeless dogs by finding them new families? APA! is growing fast and furious and needs to hire additional adoption counselors so we can open more adoption sites. Counselors work 3 days a week for about 13-14 hours/day.
- Transport dogs to adoption site
- Set up and break down site equipment, tents, and pens
- Maintain adoption site including sanitation of grounds and materials
- Administer medications to dogs and update medical charts
- Evaluate potential adopters and educate them on proper pet care
- Neatly and accurately complete all adoption paperwork and submit to data entry dept.
- Participate in performance training and development reviews as requested (weekly)
- Attend meetings as requested by Supervisor
- Weekend availability required
- Own transport required with valid driving license
- Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure animal, personal, and visitor security
- Veterinary Technician license, or
- 1+ year experience in Animal Care Field (Vet, Kennel, Animal Training Facility)
- Must have experience dealing with people and feel comfortable answering questions and promoting APA!