No More Homeless Pets Conference- APA! will be represented!

by epjdog • Posted in: General

Best Friends is sponsoring a No More Homeless Pets Conference in Las Vegas this weekend. and Central Texas Animal Alliance have generously sponsored all of Ellen Jefferson’s trip to the conference and part of Gretchen Meyer’s trip.

We are both very excited about going and learning about other cities’ efforts and about the latest greatest ideas on how to become a No Kill City.

Austin Pets Alive! has made a big difference over the last few months in Town Lake Animal Center’s death rate.  In July, we decreased dog deaths by 25%!!!!  Even though these numbers are exciting, we have to remember that we had to leave the other 75% behind to die.  We hope that through learning and expanding our vision, we can grow to accommodate all the pets that currently dying at TLAC.

Thank you FixAustin and CTAA!!

Comments are closed.