Tonight will be the first weekly planning meeting with the AAC and TLAC staff to develop policies and programs to make Austin a no kill city.
The AAC encourages all interested people/organizations to comment, make suggestions, or submit proposals on any of the AAC recommendations to make Austin a no kill city. That can be done one of these three ways:
- The first 10 persons to sign up to provide suggestions or comments will have 3 minutes.
- The first 10 individuals/organizations to sign up to present a proposal will have 6 minutes.
Should you choose to present a proposal, it should address the following…
- Which AAC recommendation are you going to discuss?
- Brief description of your proposal or solution.
- What resources and/or expertise can you contribute to the solution that you are proposing?
- What is your expected measurable impact and timeline?
Here is the timeline:
Nov 30th: AAC Recommendation III: Structural Changes to Enhance Lifesaving
- Revise Mission of Animal Services
Dec 7th: AAC Recommendation I: Increase Live Outcomes
- Offsite Adoptions
Dec 14th: AAC Recommendation I: Increase Live Outcomes
- Increased Capacity for Adoption make-ready, behavioral, empty kennel usage, Davenport building use after shelter move, and increased public awareness.
Dec 21st: AAC Recommendation I: Increase Live Outcomes
- Large Scale Foster Program
Dec 28th: AAC Recommendation II: Decrease Shelter Intake
- Reduce Euthanasia of Owned Animals
- Increased Return to Owners, Increased owner awareness of possible euthanasia, increased owner safety net services
Jan 4th: AAC Recommendation II: Decrease Shelter Intake
- Reduce Feral Cat Euthanasia
- Increased feral cat spay/neuter, increased community care, and increased re-release rates
Jan 11th: AAC Recommendation II: Decrease Shelter Intake
- High Volume, Free and Low Cost Spay/Neuter
- Increased services available to the community
Jan 18th: AAC Recommendation III: Structural Changes to Enhance Lifesaving
- Public Involvement and Candor
- Increased Public Relations on all aspects of sheltering
Jan 25th: AAC Recommendation III: Structural Changes to Enhance Lifesaving
- Explore Outsourcing Possibilities
- Increased community involvement to reduce costs and increase lifesaving
Feb 1st: Finalize draft of implementation plan.
In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, all agendas will be posted through the City Clerk’s office.