Here are the top 10 ways to help Austin Pets Alive! continue its life-saving success through the holidays!
10. Shop at the APA! store. By sporting your APA! gear, you are helping spread our message and showing your support for Austin’s no-kill movement.
9. Consider adding APA! to your estate plan. By including APA! in your estate planning, you will create a legacy that will last for generations and create a better future for the homeless and abandoned pets of Austin and Central Texas.
8. Browse our Amazon Wish List. Easily purchase wish list items and have them directly sent to APA! Donations are tax-deductible and go a long way to help us save more lives.
7. Learn about our programs. As we’ve reached the final groups of pets still being killed at the City of Austin’s Town Lake Animal Shelter, we’ve had to build special programs to help certain demographics of pets who need a little extra help to become adoptable.
6. Join our Constant Companion Club. Your monthly/quarterly gift will help us continue to provide the animals in our care with essentials such as food, toys and beds, and veterinary care.
5. Attend an event. Throughout the month of December, we have special events that will help raise much needed funds to save as many lives as possible before the New Year. Check out our events calendar and come hang out for a good cause!
4. Support our business sponsors’ special fundraising offers. Our success at APA! has everything to do with the support of the community. Without you, there is no us. Nearly 40 local businesses have committed to giving a portion of their profits to help our animals. When shopping this season, please consider these businesses and mention APA! to ensure a portion of the proceeds go to help us save more lives.
3. Collect sweaters, blankets, and beds to keep our residents warm during the holidays. This is one of our most basic supply needs during the colder months. We go through a lot of beds and blankets, so the more the merrier! Donations can be dropped off at our headquarters location at 2807 Manchaca Road, or any of our satellite adoption sites around the city.
2. Find a building sponsorship opportunity. We have many sponsorship opportunities that will allow us to raise funds to finish getting our buildings ready to save more dogs and cats. Sponsorship opportunities are available in our dog and cat buildings, outdoor play yards, and veterinary clinic. Having the funds to continue to develop our property to suit our ever-changing needs is crucial to maintaining and growing our mission.
1. Donate for a special needs pet. These are some of the pets in our program who have extraordinary medical or behavior expenses. Donating for their care helps us give them the best quality of life possible.
There are so many ways to ensure that we reach our goal of saving 5,000 lives as this year comes to a close. Every donation, no matter what the size, is helpful and appreciated. No donation is considered small. This year, we are so thankful to the people of Austin for making our city’s no-kill dreams a reality. We cannot do this without you.
Happy Holidays from the volunteers and staff at Austin Pets Alive!