A dangerous wintery mix has hit Central Texas this week. We are welcoming walk-ins and adoptions today from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m., but ask for your patience as we get back up and running. See you soon!
We’re calling on our community members for help needed:
1. Other help for shelters we support
Many neighboring cities’ animals are also at risk during weather emergencies like this, and are often far less resourced than Austin. Long term fosters also needed for dogs coming in from San Benito
2. Education and help for community pets
Read and share this checklist to protect pets where you are.
3. Warm meals for onsite staff
4. Warm blankets, please drop off
5. Dog treats
6. To help with expenses such as gas, supplies, assistance to other shelters as needed and general lifesaving needs please make a donation here.
For city information about cold weather shelters and warming centers, visit www.austintexas.gov/alerts.
Need help with a community pet? Visit the P.A.S.S. Facebook group. P.A.S.S. connects you to community member support for emergency pet food, pet resource assistance, and other emergency pet help.