Our amazing volunteers help with everything at APA! from filling food bowls or working reception to taking on leadership roles and spearheading programs. Each of our volunteers bring unique talent and passion; their dedication is pivotal to APA!’s lifesaving work.
- submit an online application, which includes signing a Volunteer Agreement and a Release and Waiver of Liability form
- attend an orientation session
- commit to a minimum of 6 hours of volunteer work per month
- work independently
- attend additional training sessions as required by APA!
- treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare
- represent themselves and APA! in a professional manner and treat clients, staff, and other volunteers with respect
- if under 18:
- 16-17 years old – provide a parent waiver after youth and parent have attended volunteer orientation (youth and parent must each submit an individual online application)
- 12-15 years old – be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times after youth and parent have attended volunteer orientation (youth and parent must each submit an individual online application)