When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you save lives. For every dog or cat you adopt from Austin Pets Alive!, we are able to save at least one more animal.
Not to mention, by adopting from a shelter like APA!, you become a hero to that one animal, and that just feels good.
Our Promise to You
- We do our best to ensure healthy, adoptable animals by providing a pre-adoption assessment and veterinary care. We also offer free 30-day health insurance for anything that comes up post-adoption.
- We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability, and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Each pet you adopt from APA! is:
- current on vaccinations
- spayed or neutered
Our Goals for APA! Adoptions
- To find responsible individuals to adopt
- Raise the awareness and availability of shelter animals as loving companions and fantastic family pets
- Decrease euthanasia rates in shelters by pulling animals directly from at-risk lists and providing these animals visibility and exposure to the community
- Raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for population control