****ATTENTION: APA! is currently transitioning to new shelter software. You can browse our available pets below, however please do not use the online adoption application. Instead, follow these steps:
When you find an animal you are interested in, make note of its location.
–If it is at one of our shelters, go to that location to complete your application.
Applications completed online will not be viewed.****
View available dogs. We want to help you find the perfect dog for you. We will encourage you to spend a lot of time with your potential new pet and require that you spend at least 30 minutes with a pet before filling out an application. Do NOT complete the online application.
- You must spend at least 30 minutes with the dog you want to adopt.
- You must fill out our application and meet with an adoption counselor.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must live in the Austin area. (We may adopt to surrounding Texas cities/counties if the dog is altered, heartworm negative, and not in need of ongoing behavior training.)
- You must show a picture ID with your current address. If this isn’t available, we will accept a picture ID with a current utility bill.
- An APA!-conducted “meet and greet” with current household dogs is generally recommended for all adult dogs.
Our adoption fee varies per dog, depending upon age, breed, and medical/behavioral conditions. The price is listed on each dog’s online profile. This fee includes:
- spay or neuter surgery
- heartworm test on dogs over 6 months
- first or more vaccinations
- first or more deworming treatment
- personality evaluation
- Note: sometimes adoption fees will be higher if a puppy/dog had a lot of medical costs.
Accepted forms of payment include cash, credit/debit card, or money order payable to Austin Pets Alive! We’re sorry; we do not accept personal checks (except for surgery deposits).
Congratulations on your new addition to your family!