Read below for a list of current job openings for employment with Austin Pets Alive!
Cat Foster Placement Coordinator
Cat Kennel Tech – Full Time
This position at Town Lake is responsible for cleaning cat habitats, sweeping and mopping cat facility areas, washing laundry, and other tasks keeping cat facilities neat and tidy. Applicants must be comfortable working with/handling cats; follow instruction well; be dependable; and work well independently. Full time hours are 7am-3pm. Weekend availability required. The pay if $10/hr for full time. Apply here!
Dog Adoption Counselor – Part and Full Time
We are accepting resumes for a 40hr/wk hourly position (pay based on experience) to work as a full-time technician. This includes ALL aspects of shelter medicine and surgical work. You will work 4 days a week and be on-call 1 night a week.
– Shelter medicine and/or emergency clinic experience is preferred because of the high-paced, technical skills required!
-Must have knowledge of basic medications, vaccines, drugs.
– At least 1-year experience as a veterinary technician in a vet hospital REQUIRED. Please do not email if you don’t have a minimum of 1 years experience in a vet clinic as a technician.
– Must be able to give injections SQ, IM, IV, and draw blood; microscopy including fecal floats/directs and skin scrapes; post-anesthesia monitoring of pulse-ox and vital signs; drug dosage calculations; working knowledge of standard small animal illnesses; client communication
– Must be able to work in a high volume, fast-paced, high-stress environment. Self-motivated, great attitude, team-oriented a must!
– Must be reliable and dedicated – the medical team is very small and all members must be on time, ready to work hard, for every shift.