Read below for a list of current job openings for employment with Austin Pets Alive!
Assistant Cat Program Manager
The Assistant Cat Program Manager provides essential support to the APA! Cat Program and Cat Program Manager. The Assistant Manager will help oversee adoptions, care of cats, act as Manager on Duty, ensure protocols and policies are enforced, assist with personnel and administrative tasks, and help develop new programs and protocols. The position will help manage intake, expand and improve upon volunteer programs, and assist with all sub-programs within the Cat Program such as the Feline Leukemia program, Ringworm Program, and Barn Cat Program. The Assistant Manager will also assist with human resource responsibilities including hiring, management, and retention initiatives. The Assistant Manager will prioritize growth of the Program through increased life-saving and will continually work toward increasing Program efficiency and volunteer, staff, and community engagement, retention, and satisfaction.
This position is accepting applicants nationwide and will remain open until filled. Full job description and application instructions can be found here.
Cat Adoption Counselor
A Cat Adoption Counselor facilitates cat adoptions through our Austin-area offsite catteries, many located in Petsmart/PETCO locations. The Counselor provides assistance to adopters, ensuring the home is the right match for an animal, adheres to APA! adoption guidelines, and completes all aspects of the adoption process. The Counselor is also responsible for providing quality animal care to the feline residents, including feeding, cleaning, and observing and reporting any health concerns. This position is 15-29 hours per week and the pay is $9.50/hr. Apply here!
We are accepting resumes for a 40hr/wk salaried position (pay based on experience) to work as a full time technician. This includes ALL aspects of shelter medicine and surgical work. You will work 4 days a week and be on-call 1 night a week.
– Shelter medicine and/or emergency clinic experience is preferred because of the high-paced, technical skills required!
-Must have knowledge of basic medications, vaccines, drugs.
– At least 1 year experience as a veterinary technician in a vet hospital REQUIRED. Please do not email if you don’t have a minimum of 1 years experience in a vet clinic as a technician.
– Must be able to give injections SQ, IM, IV, and draw blood; microscopy including fecal floats/directs and skin scrapes; post-anesthesia monitoring of pulse-ox and vital signs; drug dosage calculations; working knowledge of standard small animal illnesses; client communication
– Must be able to work in a high volume, fast-paced, high stress environment. Self motivated, great attitude, team-oriented a must!
– Must be reliable and dedicated – the medical team is very small and all members must be on time, ready to work hard, for every shift.