Read below for a list of current job openings for employment with Austin Pets Alive!
Cat Adoption Counselor
A Cat Adoption Counselor facilitates cat adoptions through our Austin-area offsite catteries, many located in Petsmart/PETCO locations. The Counselor provides assistance to adopters, ensuring the home is the right match for an animal, adheres to APA! adoption guidelines, and completes all aspects of the adoption process. The Counselor is also responsible for providing quality animal care to the feline residents, including feeding, cleaning, and observing and reporting any health concerns. This position is 15-29 hours per week and the pay is $9.50/hr. Apply here!
Cat Foster Adoption Advocate
We are accepting resumes for a 40hr/wk salaried position (pay based on experience) to work as a full time technician. This includes ALL aspects of shelter medicine and surgical work. You will work 4 days a week and be on-call 1 night a week.
– Shelter medicine and/or emergency clinic experience is preferred because of the high-paced, technical skills required!
-Must have knowledge of basic medications, vaccines, drugs.
– At least 1 year experience as a veterinary technician in a vet hospital REQUIRED. Please do not email if you don’t have a minimum of 1 years experience in a vet clinic as a technician.
– Must be able to give injections SQ, IM, IV, and draw blood; microscopy including fecal floats/directs and skin scrapes; post-anesthesia monitoring of pulse-ox and vital signs; drug dosage calculations; working knowledge of standard small animal illnesses; client communication
– Must be able to work in a high volume, fast-paced, high stress environment. Self motivated, great attitude, team-oriented a must!
– Must be reliable and dedicated – the medical team is very small and all members must be on time, ready to work hard, for every shift.