This week, Austin City Council will proclaim June 22nd as an official city holiday: Love Your Rescue Pet Day! At Austin Pets Alive! we are thrilled to help lead this movement and celebrate alongside other monumental rescue groups and businesses in the Austin area.
On Saturday, June 22nd, our Town Lake location (1156 W Cesar Chavez) will host numerous events beginning at 12p and continuing through 6p:
- Adoption specials! All pets 3 months and older will have their adoption fee waived with a monetary donation
- Austin Police Department will host an exciting K9 demonstration from 12:00-3:00pm
- Our dog behavior team will showcase a large dog / small dog playgroup demonstration, dog behavior lesson, and open house
- Our Davenport building will play host to a Lemonade Stand and Bake Sale
- Davenport will also be the place for an arts and crafts table for puppy treat decorating
- A Photobooth will be set up for newly adopted pets...a great photo for your first day together, taken by professional photographers
- Midtown Grooming will be on hand to groom pets and provide fun temporary tattoos for your loved rescue
- A wide assortment of APA! goodies (t-shirts, bags, decals, etc) will be on sale at the merchandise table
- Numerous rescue organizations from our city will showcase cats, dogs, puppies, and kittens available for both adoption and fostering
- And much, much more!
If you can’t make it to the shelter, there will also be celebrations all over Austin. Beginning at 6pm on Saturday, Austin Pets Alive! will celebrate our city’s day at El Arroyo, where 5% of their sales will be donated to benefit APA!. Coat and Tails will also be on hand at this pet friendly event, providing great caricatures of your pup! 100% of the proceeds he receives will be donated to our rescue pets.
Can’t wait ’till Saturday? Join us on Thursday night at TRIO at the Four Seasons for the restaurant’s kick-off to their summer prix fixe menu, which will benefit Austin Pets Alive!, the Austin Humane Society, and Emancipet all summer long! (The Thursday kick-off at TRIO, sponsored by NULO pet food, includes a silent auction for such things as a privately prepared meal by one of TRIO’s top chefs served inside their kitchen, to gift certificates for stays at some of the Four Season’s most luxurious locations.) Tickets for this are now available!
APA! would like to say a huge thank you to our sponsors, Bank of America, and USB Private Wealth Management (on behalf of Kyle J. Gauthreaux and Sam & Shelley Parker) for supporting us in celebrating Love Your Rescue Pet Day city-wide.
Join us on June 22nd to support our pets and these local businesses which are donating a percentage of their sales, or other monetary donations to APA!: All Natural Canine, Andiamo Ristorante, Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden, Bentley’s Biscuits and Bones, Bird’s Barbershop (locations on E. 6th St. & 41st St.), Boardwalk Burgers and Fries, Corn & Corn, LLP., Counter Culture, El Arroyo, Embellish Nails & Boutique, Heritage Boots, Jo’s Coffee SoCo, Kineticore Fitness, Limbo Jewelry, Lofty Dog, Marquette Nutrition and Fitness LLC, Mary Lindberg with Keller Williams Realty, Melba’s Boutique, Midtown Grooming, Parts & Labour, Service Menswear, Sikara & Co., Stay Furry Pet Boutique, Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop, The Paramount, The Woodhouse Day Spa, Uncle Billy’s, and Zoom Room. Uncle’s Sam’s Concessions will be donating 10% of their sales on Friday, the 21st (Uncle Sam’s is closed on Saturday, but this landmark didn’t want to miss out on supporting our rescue pets!)
Austin certainly knows how to love rescue pets…it’s time to celebrate!