Interested in a career in PR? APA is seeking a volunteer PR Manager. PR professionals will train you and work with you to give you some amazing skills and on-the-job training, which you can then use to find the job you want in PR. In return, we are asking you to volunteer about 20 hours per week and commit to at least 6 months.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Contribute to the drafting and execution of a marketing plan
- Communicate APA’s mission, needs, and successes to the public
- Manage a team of PR assistant volunteers
- Manage APA’s social media, blog, and newsletter
- Coordinate with APA media liason, to communicate with the media
The PR Manager will need to visit the TLAC site regularly, at least 1-2 times per week, to build relationships with the different team leads and stay current on everything happening at APA. Because we use social media heavily, this position also requires knowledge of the major social media platforms, or comfort in learning them. And finally, the nature of the work requires you to have regular access to email during the day. Most of the work can be done on your own time, from your own computer, but issues do come up from time to time that require some quick coordination.